Andreas is the founder and Managing Director of Transformation Nous (TN). Prior to TN Andreas spent 7.5 years at McKinsey London, working with NHS hospitals as well as international healthcare providers focusing on hospital operational transformation, strategy, and cost improvement. Some of the areas Andreas focuses on include:
Emergency pathway operational transformation
Expert lead on the Emergency Pathway. Over the last 8 years Andreas has developed a comprehensive approach in transforming the Emergency Pathway based on creating a comprehensive diagnostic, using the insights to align partner organisations, and helping them deliver operational changes. Andreas has led such work in several hospitals in the Midlands, London as well as hospitals internationally (Mexico).
• Leading implementation of integrated care strategy including the design and delivery of new organisations, governance structures, and operational blueprints.
• Working with executives across social and health to agree the mandate, participation and financing.
• Leading clinical and operational teams to develop the operational specifications, define roles and responsibilities of the integrated teams, and deliver the implementation plan
• Supporting leading tertiary providers in defining the vision and driving the 5 year strategy, with a particular focus on Urgent and Emergency care Hospital service line reporting.
• Coaching service line teams (chief of service & general managers) to develop service line reporting, analyse and gain understanding of the profitability of their service (down to the clinic level), as well as create and implement improvement plans.
Hospital cost improvement programmes (CIPs)
• Supporting leadership performing due diligence and risk rate cost reduction programs and helping prioritise opportunities (top down).
• Helping service delivery teams identify realistic opportunities and develop credible implementation plans (bottom up)
Leading operational efficiency and cost reduction programmes as well as strategy development for private providers in the UK and Ireland. Some examples include:
• Developing business strategy focused on wealthy international patients and repatriating work currently provided by the NHS to private providers.
• Delivering headcount reduction and achieving significant savings. Translating top-down reductions into meaningful granular targets for each directorate and savings targets into tangible operational plans raising efficiency and productivity.
• Developing strategic options for growth for a private care home provider based on an evaluation of segment attractiveness.
• Developing response to competition commission,including Return on Capital Employed (ROCE) analysis, summarizing arguments,and crafting succinct summary for a competition commission hearing.
Earlier in his career, Andreas worked for several years as a foreign exchange trader and a stock broker in Europe. He then worked in the food service and food retail business in New York City, where he led daily operations at several locations and delivered significant P&L improvements.
Andreas holds an MBA (Finance) from the Wharton School and a Masters in Economics from Christ’s College, Cambridge University.